Heroes vs. Villains Scenario Event
November 1, 2015
Yankee Paintball – 648 Quaker Farms Road, Oxford, CT 06478
203-906-9622 – YankeePaintball.com
- Arm tape will be used to differentiate players of each side. Heroes will be Blue, Villains will be Red.
- All Standard Yankee Paintball Rules Apply – find them at http://yankeepaintball.com/safety/
- Villain HQ is in the Safe Zone at the top/back of Knoll. Players should enter the field via the left access road. Goggles on from split of road to fields/parking. A chrono area will be open at the top of the road.
- Hero HQ is at the bottom of Speedball 2 aka Plastic. Players should access the field via the netting next to staging and use the chrono area on the other side of the netting.
- A map of the field can be found at http://yankeepaintball.com/fields/
- All Insertions/Re-Insertions are from HQ’s, not from the field entry points or the chrono areas. Eliminated players should head back to their respective HQ unless they are looking to step off the field. Reinsertions shall be every 10 minutes starting from game time (ie. 10:10, 10:20, 10:30, etc), with no windows – players must be at the HQ, clean of hits, ready to go on the XX:10 mark or they will need to wait for the next reinsertion. We are trading having faster reinsertions in exchange for no reinsertion window.
- Any player shot out while carrying a game prop MUST DROP IT. Props may be safely stored in HQ’s.
Scenario Plot Line:
The event is points based and revolves around multiple sources of points. The overall purpose of the game is preparation for the final battle, during which either team will have a chance to convert the other team to their side (for purposes of future story line) by installing a Transponder within 20 feet of the enemy HQ. Up until the final battle both teams will be trying to collect the parts to build a Transponder. There are three Transponders of differing colors. In order to build a functional Transponder, the colors of all the parts of the Transponder must match. A Transponder is built of 5 parts: base, coupler, lower rod, upper rod, and a Team Specific Top (“TST”). Teams can find Transponder parts hidden on the field throughout the game, receive them by completing certain missions, buying them with gold bars just before the final battle, and by winning Battles of Supers (further explained below). There will be some missions that are worth points, but will not yield Transponder parts. Individual Transponder parts will be worth points, even if they are not used to assemble complete Transponders. Complete Transponders will be worth more as complete units than as individual parts.
There will be 5 Main Field missions. Mission Location and Instructions will be released day of the game.
- Mission 1: 10:30am
- Mission 2: 11:30am
- Mission 3: 12:30pm
- Mission 4: 1:30pm
- Mission 5: 2:30pm
When important battles between good and evil must be fought, both sides must call upon their Supers to make battle! Battles of the Supers will be tournament style games held on Hawks Nest (which will not be part of the main battle field). The Super teams will be chosen by the generals and must be at the staging area in front of Check In ready to go at the scheduled battle times. They will then be taken up to Hawks Nest for the battle. Battles will last no more than 15 minutes. Games are won by eliminating all opposing players or by having more players alive at the end of 15 minutes. Each battle shall be worth 60 points in addition to the props that are won for that battle. Battle times re as follows:
- Battle 1: 11:00am – 7 v 7
- Battle 2: 12:00pm – 5 v 5
- Battle 3: 1:00pm – 5 v 5
- Battle 4: 2:00pm – 7 v 7
There will be gold bars hidden on the field and/or available by completing missions or winning Battles of Supers. There are a total of 15 gold bars. Bars will be worth 10 points each when used, and 10 points each for remaining bars on hand at the end of the game. When bars are turned in for buying stuff or points, they may or may not be recycled into play again. Gold Bars can be used to purchase the following items (contact your respective HQ ref):
- Filled scuba tanks to provide air refills at HQ (3 gold bars per scuba tank).
- Instant reinsertion for players (3 gold bars per 5 reinsertions).
- Team Specific Tops (5 gold bars per TST)
- Some parts of Transponders. Only those Transponder parts not won or found by the 3:30 will be available for sale (5 gold bars per Transponder part, you will be able to pick the specific part and color if available)
- Smoke Support – Enola Gaye Representative will be on hand to throw smoke when and where directed (3 gold bars per grenade).
If at any point throughout the game a LIVE opposing player touches an opposing HQ their team will be awarded a “Base Capture” and awarded 75 points. All players from team capturing a base will be moved back to Castle and game will continue. Unlimited number of base captures possible throughout the day.
- Mission 1 – 150 points
- Mission 2 – 200 points
- Mission 3 – 300 points
- Mission 4 – 200 points
- Mission 5 – 150 points
- Battles of the Supers – 60 points per win
- Gold Bars – 10 points each
- Base Captures – 75 points each
- Transponder Parts – 50 points each
- Complete Transponders – 300 points each
- Winning Final Battle (successful installation of Transponder) – 500 points
Time Table of Events:
- 8:00 Gates Open
- 8:30 Check In Begins
- 10:00 Game Starts
- 10:30 Mission 1
- 11:00 Battle 1
- 11:30 Mission 2
- 12:00 Battle 2
- 12:30 Mission 3
- 1:00 Battle 3
- 1:30 Mission 4
- 2:00 Battle 4
- 2:30 Mission 5
- 3:30-4:00 Break/Transponder Assembly/Redemption of Props & Gold
- 4:00 Final Battle
- 5:00 Game Ends
- 5:30 Awards
Costume Contest Rules: Each General will pick 2 Players from his team with the best costumes. These 4 players will battle it out during the awards ceremony via applause tournament. Winner shall win a free Season Pass (good through November 1, 2016).
There will also be giveaways and a free raffle!